I am trying to export data from a teradata table to a flat file. My table columns are Unicode formatted in the DDL itself.
Session character set is set to UTF8 inline to my table data definition, because I expect to encounter few foreign language characters as well.
1. Record/Data mode :-
I see all the columns with a lot of special characters. I believe they are data indicators and row length etc because my table data is appearing fine at the SQL Assistant.
2. Record/Data mode and .set indicdata off;
Now the special characters don't appear but I see only 2 columns of the original 80 columns returned by the BTEQ statement. I have set width to even 60,000.
Interesingly, whichever 2 columns I choose in my SELECT sql are showing up fine in the flat file but nothing more than 2 columns. So I can't say that something is wrong with my data or a specific datatyped column. Its like a capping of 2 columns is placed over the file which I hope is just my imagination.
3 Report mode :-
I thought data mode written records be problematic to view in normal editor so I went for Report mode.
Same result as in no. 2 above. I see only 2 columns.
I could give a try to EXPORT REPORT WIDE but my columns aren't too big anyways and more than 2 columns (3 or more) are never showing up. When I try so, only the first two columns appear in the file.
You need to share the table DDL and the bteq script. Otherwise it is just guessing from our side.
Der Beginn aller Wissenschaften ist das Erstaunen, dass die Dinge sind, wie sie sind.-Aristoteles
Virendra - Can you share the script plz.......